Thursday, September 2, 2010

A letter...

Dear (future) Baby G,

Some days, on days like today, I feel well equipped and confidant that we will have no problems having you when we want you. That having a baby is a natural process and that nature will just take its course.

This may be because, on days like today, I want to be pregnant and then to have you and to cuddle your cute little downy head with my whole heart and soul. I know that some would say that this may be just my hormones talking, and that I may just have a bad case of baby fever, but I know that it isn't. I know that I want to be a mother - your mother.

And this, this is what helps me to know that everything will work out just fine. That your dad and I really are ready to be a momma and a daddy. That we are ready for the ups and downs, whenever the time is deemed right (by powers much bigger than us) you will arrive and we will fulfill new roles. This is not to say that it won't be hard - your daddy is really selfish about his sleep, so be prepared for secret jokes between us about that - but we know that the challenges are all worth it.

We have been dreaming about you for quite some time Baby G, but it is really only in the last few months that a far off dream seemed to consolidate into something tangible and close. Even though you are still our little fantasy. I know that you are waiting for us to be perfectly ready before you rock our world with your arrival - any child of mine will have a dramatic entrance - but I just wanted to let you know, I think we are almost there.

Love,

Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment