Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hiatus

As you may have noticed, my blogging hiatus has continued. And probably will for a few more weeks.

We are headed on a family vacation tomorrow. For two whole weeks.

Today, my day is going to be filled with packing.

Packing for two kids - clothes, toys, snacks, accessories. Thankfully, my mother is wonderful and generous so that list does not include as much as it could, because she has been buying things left and right in preparation for her grand babies arriving.

Packing for a dog.

Packing for myself - including the clothes and things necessary for two mini trips within my larger trip. I have a wedding to attend and a sorority conference while I am away. I am also packing enough pumped breast milk in dry ice to sustain my baby boy while I am at those mini events.

I like to make things complicated.

When my husband gets home, well, he will pack himself. Probably into a backpack. In five minutes. And he will not understand why packing has taken me all day. (Plus a week of thoughtful planning before that.)

These last two weeks have been a whirl of activity. Trying to accomplish all sorts of projects and maintain some semblance of a normal life while visiting with friends and family who were coming through town.

So, we've been off living. And will be taking a blessed moment of pause at my most favorite, still, thinking place in the world for the next little bit.



And then we'll be back.

And my baby girl will be two.

And I will maybe be able to process that.

But, probably not.

In any case - when we get back, I will be back.

And that is a promise that I intend to keep.


Evelyn Rae is 23 months old and Liam is 4 months old

...and please pray for us being in the car with two kids and a dog for almost a whole day. Seriously.

3 comments:

  1. Have a fun family vacation! Are you originally from Wisconsin? We have a lake cabin near Turtle Lake and it's seriously one of my favorite places on Earth.

    I'm also like you - packing takes a serious amount of thought with a child(ren) and I'm usually proud of myself at some point during the trip because I am literally prepared for anything. And then my husband packs himself in five minutes and forgets underwear, nearly every time. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in Wisconsin, but never really "lived" there. My whole extended family stayed though, and mt parents made the deal that when my dad retired from the Navy, since mom had followed him around for 20 years, he was going to follow her - and they were going back to Wisconsin!

      We spent every summer at the cabin growing up, and it still has no cell phone reception or Internet - and it's my favorite place on earth. It's a tiny little place called Rock Dam, but I am really familiar with Turtle Lake as my grandpa used to live around there. How fun!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this post.
    Dailymotion video downloader

    Try Dailymotion video
    downloader
    to download videos from dailymotion.

    ReplyDelete