Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life is like 'Elf'

No really.

Evelyn has decided that she loooooves her mama's voice. That's right, my singing voice. Bless her baby heart.

If she is in a mood, she instantly calms down if I sing to her, in the car, at home, wherever. This has led to many moments of me singing "Bicycle Built for Two" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Or, any other nursery rhyme that pops into my head.

What's even better is that we live so close to where A and I went to college, so I get to drive down the same streets that I used to be on in my cute little car, with club music blaring out the windows, feelin' hot. But now, I drive my SUV with a crying baby in the back singing "The Wheels on the Bus" at the top of my lungs.

My how things have changed.

More and more nursery rhymes are coming back to me, but every now and then I just sing whatever I am saying or thinking in moments of desperation to hear that baby giggle. It always reminded me of something, but I just could not place it.

And the other day, it occurred to me. I feel just like...just like...just like Buddy the Elf.

(If you are at work and would like to continue to be taken seriously by your coworkers, please do not click on that link...until later.)



Evelyn Rae is 4 months old

...and smiling's my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment