Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's all my fault.

It's beautiful outside today. Warm and sunny and breezy. And perfect.

After having a baby who hasn't taken a decent nap all week - she is (of course) finally napping.

For going on two hours.

I want to get out and enjoy the day, but I think this is all my fault, really.


You see, I opened her window this morning before her nap.

And aren't the best naps the ones when you have that summertime feeling breeze, you know, that breeze, coming through your window and rustling your curtains ever so slightly?

The breeze that brings the scents of a very early spring, that hint of crispness in the air that you just know is going to turn to true warmth and honeysuckle sometime soon?

The breeze that brings the soft sound of the neighborhood into your bedroom - distant cars driving and beeping, school buses whirring and shuddering as they stop and go, children yelling and playing, dogs barking and birds chirping - all that goodness that sends you into that peaceful state of nap time bliss?

Yes, I think this is all my fault.


Evelyn Rae is seven months old

...and when she wakes up, we are headed to put some sand between our toes. Because my soul misses the smell of salt air, and even though she's never really known it, I think Ev's does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment