Friday, October 19, 2012

Oh, this baby.

Let me just say this - one year olds are so.much.fun.

My baby girl comes to her Daddy and I with her face upturned, lips puckered, wanting kisses. She hugs us unabashedly all the time. She cheeses her cheesy little grin, and makes animal noises, and puts her mouth into a tiny little "o" with eyebrows almost up to her hair when something surprises her or she makes a new discovery. She laughs with her whole body and finds joy in small things.

That endless creativity though of a one year old. Folks, it is no joke.

Girl is into everything. If you follow me on Instagram you have seen some of her recent adventures. I swear I can't make this stuff up or stage it...


Climbing through the dog door. Getting stuck halfway.

I went to the bathroom and came back to her nonchalantly laying down reading a book...wearing my underwear as an infinity scarf.

The new cool trend of using snack traps as purses...collecting everything from Momma's cash to dog treats to torture the puppy with.

Climbing on top of said puppy to get to heights she can't reach on her own.

Our new favorite game - flushing the toilet. Incessantly.

The new and logical tactic of heading in a straight line for whatever she wants, be that line over furniture or under tables.

Recreating the grape stomp lady video with a basket of clean laundry. (Oh, you don't know what that is? Um, please. Watch.)

Unwrapping, unrolling or tearing apart anything that she can get her hands on, just to see what will happen. You can see it on her face, it's like she's going through the scientific method and discovering how things work.

And, it goes on and on. Every day she comes up with new crazy antics that make me laugh, shake my head and marvel at just how amazing her little brain is at coming up with different ways at looking at things and a kid's imagination.

But damn if it isn't as exhausting as it is joyous.

And that, that is parenthood right now, friends.



Evelyn Rae is fifteen months old, I am 23 weeks along with Baby Ferris

...and is this what it's like until they can vote? legally drink? get their PhD? have their own babies? I need a vacay.

No comments:

Post a Comment