Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh well.

Well, I had some awesome "get things done" motivation cranking already today when I woke up.

And then the universe laughed, and found another way (besides the rain and the humidity) to make sure that my clothes were nice and damp today.

::shudder::

Have I mentioned how much I HATE wearing damp clothes? Ugh.

As I went in to grab Ev from bed this morning (after I had already been in to get her soothed back to sleep because she uncharacteristically woke up at 4:30 am) I saw that she was standing, ready to greet me as usual...but with a whole bunch of snot and tears running down her face.

And then sneezed 3 or 4 times in a row.

Baby sneezes. Pitiful stuff I tell ya.

Oy.


Can you see the snot glistening on her face? 
My poor little darling.


No fever to be had, so I am thinking it is just a little nose bug, or early onset of seasonal allergies? Who knows. She ate a good breakfast and nursed normally...but then came nap time.

She actually went to sleep fairly easily and with little fuss...for about 5 minutes.

Then again...for about 7 minutes.

Then again...for about 5.

Oh my. The poor little thing just needs to let this snot drain and flush out whatever is wrecking having on her red little nose. So, I mommed up and picked out a shirt I could sacrifice to baby snot, tears and drool today (have I mentioned she's teething too? YAY!)


Sorry Bucky. 
On Wisconsin.

And I headed to grab my weapons for the day.

Moby Wrap.
Nose Frida.
Boogie Wipes.

Check, check, check.

The poor baby seems to be in good spirits (besides all the gross stuff running down her face), since she is still blissfully unaware that the stuff running down her face is indeed gross. And I imagine that we will be spending much of the rest of the day like this.


It will be a miracle if I get anything else done today, but if I have a back to her normal self baby by bedtime tonight - cross your fingers, friends - that will be just fine by me.


Evelyn Rae is ten months old

...and have you ever tried brushing your teeth with a curious and strangely mobile baby attached to you via baby carrier? I do not recommend it. <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor Bucky! You can obviously see where our loyalties lie in this house because as Sydney was sitting with me while I read this blog she sees you in your Bucky shirt and says "Mommy! Mommy!" to which I respond, "No honey, thats just one of Mommies very smart friends :)"

    Hope Ev feels better very soon and those *probably allergy* boogies go away very quickly :)

    ReplyDelete