Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy (Grand) Father's Day!

Yes, it is indeed that time again - Father's Day.

A and I have a downhill slope once April hits with so.many.holidays all in a row for us!

His birthday, Mother's Day, Anniversary, Father's Day, Ev's Birthday then MY Birthday. All from the end of April to the beginning of August. Not to mention those national holidays like Memorial Day and my ALL TIME favorite holiday, the 4th of July.

Anyways...

For those military families out there who shop at the NEX, you will know why A got his Father's Day present a little early (yesterday)...it's SCRATCH OFF TIME!

Like 4 times a year, maybe less, the NEX sends out these scratch off tickets. They can have 5%, 10%, 15%, 25% or 50% off ... your entire purchase hidden underneath those shiny gold buttons. You, of course, have to have your entire purchase selected (no take backsies) before you head up to the register where the cashier scratches your selected button off.

The husband and I have been hankering for a grill for over a year now, but just never could bite the bullet. So, finally, yesterday I surprised him with one - after using a scratch off coupon. (5% of course. Whomps.)

Yay for Husband! He got a brand, shiny new grill that I promised to use to make him steaks on Sunday, and a HILARIOUS Phil Dunphy Father's day card. ("I'm hip. I text. LOL - laugh out loud, WTF - why the face...")


But, as you may have inferred this post also includes the GRAND Fathers. Who are getting cute as a button pictures from their grand baby.

Now, as much as I hate to ruin a surprise, here is a little preview of the photos being sent to each.



We had to interrupt her v. v. important phone call to snap this one. 



A little back story, as long as I have been alive, 
and even before that my Dad has had red high top Converses. 

Please note the shoes in this photo.

Evelyn Rae is eleven months old

...and I will tell you this - more photos from our little high top shoot will be shared after my Daddy gets all SEVEN photos I sent to him. <3 


1 comment:

  1. cute!!!

    they actually do have 25% off out there,
    we got one when we bought silverware years back!
    score :)

    ~christie

    ReplyDelete