Monday, June 18, 2012

This again.

Ugh. Nausea.

BOOOO.

Can just one of my pregnancies go the way of my own mother's? And by that I mean no.freaking.nausea.

Waves of it, coming and going.

Here's the one change though.

A few months ago, I saw some coconut water in the grocery store. I had just seen the stuff mentioned on Pinterest, or a blog, or something, and thought, what the heck? I need a non soda drink to fall in love with...let's give this a shot.

I brought it home, and LOVED it. Like, so refreshing and awesome - and not even the flavored stuff. Just the plain.

UM, how come NO ONE told me about Coconut Water when I was so nauseous last time??

(Um, probably because you kept the whole thing a super secret for a v. v. long time last time, you might be remembering or saying to me...but still.)

I swear to you. Anytime I am feeling nauseous, drinking just a little bit sweeps it all away!

Magic, I tell ya. Magic.

Well, alright, apparently it is actually science. Not magic. "Coconut water has low acidity, and therefore, has an alkalizing effect to relieve the nausea commonly associated with pregnancy." Yes, I know that site probably isn't a legitimate source, but whatevs. It is also pretty commonly used to rehydrate from dehydration, another common cause of nausea (though I swear to you I am drinking water like a fish again these days).

And, of course, WebMd.com (NOT a doctor) does, in fact say, "Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of coconut water during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use." Blah blah blah.

Is it a little pricey? Yes. Will I pay it every time anyways? Absolutely.

Yes, I plan to ask my midwife about it at our appointment and make positively sure that it is safe, but until then, it is my savior and I will worship it as ambrosia.



Evelyn Rae is eleven months old, I am six weeks pregnant with Baby Deux.

...we are still working on the nickname for New Baby.

Why do all #2 names sound like a bathroom joke? Ugh.

Round these parts we were going with "Poppy Seed" and then "Sesame Seed" last week...this week would accordingly be "Lentil Bean."


1 comment:

  1. It is hands down the best thing to drink in labor. It has tons of potassium and electrolytes. Natures gatorade!

    ReplyDelete