Friday, February 10, 2012

You know I love a theme...

Mayhap it is rooted in my abundance of spirit in high school for spirit weeks, or college theme parties, or being a sorority recruitment professional...or mayhap it always existed, and those things just nurtured my love.

The love of which I speak is for themes. I like 'em all ways- subtle, not so subtle and over the top crazy...depending on the event of course.

In any case, I am announcing my first ever theme week on the blog. Yaaaaay.

I have had a few posts batting around in my head and in the draft section for a while, and they all seem to revolve around the idea of "Schedules". Now, schedules may seem all dry and boring and lame. And I won't lie, sometimes they are.

But, everyone I know always seems to be striving for more of a schedule, more organization, more...something.

Combine this with the conversation I had with my own dear husband last week that went something like this:

Me: "Hey babe, would you mind cleaning out the leftovers that you won't eat for lunch from the fridge so I know what to buy when I go grocery shopping tomorrow?" 


::As I pick up the baby to head upstairs to change her diaper and get her in a clean diaper, mentally noting that I also need to bring down the dirty diapers to get them soaking so I can run the washer, and that I need to check on the state of my basil for my planned dinner recipe to succeed...::


Husband: ::Sigh:: "I guess, I mean...What do you DO all day?"


Oh, husband.

Now the sentiments behind this conversation will be discussed more next week...but ultimately it got me inspired for this upcoming event, which will include a post I have been wanting to do for a while now...a "Day in the Life" post. YAY! Because, sometimes people really don't realize what you do all day.


So, here it comes, a theme. GET.EXCITED.

I know I am.


Evelyn Rae is six months old

...and as I have written this post she has been napping on her belly. And I haven't even freaked out once. ::Pats self on back::

No comments:

Post a Comment