Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Combo

As I have stated before, I am quite possibly the worst sick person on the face of the planet. Admittedly, one of my bigger faults.

I have complained before about being sick and pregnant, and I was pretty sure I had complained on this blog about being a sick mom to a little baby, but I can't find the post. Rest assured, I have complained about it, at the very least on Facebook. Being a mom is not for the weak.

But now? Now I am experiencing the combo. Sick while pregnant and a momma to an adorable and happily, thankfully, still healthy one year old.

It started yesterday with a sore throat and runny nose.

Today? I've thrown up twice.

Ugh.

Go away whatever this is and let the health come back. The usual cast of non-medicinal interventions are lined up; saline spray, tissues, Vick's and the humidifier.

Bless that baby though.

She has been playing on the ground in the living room while I lay on the couch sniffling into my tissues, and every so often she comes over to me, pulls herself up onto the couch and lays her little head on my chest for a few minutes. Then she looks up at me and smiles as if to say, "You'll be fine soon Mommy."

Bless.that.baby.


Evelyn Rae is thirteen months old, I am 14 weeks and 3 days along with Ferris

...and I am so, so ready to feel like myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment