Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Under 100

Now, I realize that that little ticker up there is not necessarily the most accurate predictor of when Baby G will arrive.

Though, wouldn't that be cool if you could, like put in your personal info, and it would say - "Baby will arrive on July 1st. Congratulations!"

But, I digress.

Today is the first day that that little ticker has a two digit number on it.

99 days (more or less) until Baby G arrives.

That is just too crazy for me.

What will my life be like once this little baby arrives on the scene? The closer that we get to delivery, the more I find my mind wandering as I walk through my home or drive in my car.

I find myself trying to imagine toys and bibs laying about, and a high chair over in that corner, or looking in my rear view mirror to see if my natural setting allows me to see the headrest from which someday soon will hang a little mirror to see my baby's face.

As I lay in bed at night, often awake in the middle of the night due to heartburn or back aches or (more pleasantly) to some strong kicking and movement, I will curl up next to my snoring husband with our puppy at our feet and imagine the pack and play that will soon grace the corner of our bedroom, and a little snug baby slumbering (or crying) inside.

And each time I envision this future, I get the most calming sense of peace. And then I inevitably smile.

It's only when I dwell on the "stuff" that I find myself stressed and at a loss. When I think about the big picture, I am reassured. All is right in the world, this is how life is meant to be.

We are going to be parents. I am going to be someone's mother and the person I love most in the world will be that same person's father. And that person will exist with half of each of us comprising their tiny soul.

I can't wait to meet that person.


25 weeks, 6 days along

...and if you haven't seen this nursery yet, you should. Swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment