Friday, January 11, 2013

18 months

Evelyn Rae,

It has been six months since I wrote your last letter, and oh so much has changed. You are full into toddler realm these days in your thoughts, words and actions. You are on the brink of becoming a big sister, and when I look back at your letter from your birthday, I cannot even believe how quickly time has gone and how much you have grown.




You are still a string bean of a thing, though you eat more than most of your friends who are older than you. You have started to become a bit pickier in what you eat, and are a bit of a food snob. Your Daddy and I joke that we can no longer get you to eat the "Cheaper Chicken" - instead you prefer shrimp and salmon for your protein. You are obsessed with dipping, well, everything. we think this may stem from your Momma's obsession with Mexican restaurants and your regular exposure to chips and salsa at said restaurants, but in any case, you never let us get away with keeping you from dipping your food if something to dip in is available. For example, you don't really like bread with butter on it, but if there is oil and vinegar to dip it in? You are in heaven. We may have created a monster.




You started walking just after your first birthday...and haven't stopped running since then. Everyone is amazed at your energy level, and all the adults who love you can barely keep up. I privately think that you are responsible for keeping me so fit while I have been pregnant with your new brother or sister, because I haven't had a chance to stop chasing you for months now.




You love playing peek-a-boo, reading and coloring. You go absolutely bananas over coloring books. You also have a new obsession with Mickey and Minnie that is pretty adorable, though I always claimed in my mind that I would never have kids obsessed with characters, because clearly that meant you watched too much television. What did I know? C'est la vie. You love them and it is cute.




Your vocabulary is absolutely exploding. You say so many words now, it seems like a new one or two words comes out of your mouth every day, and still sign along with many of them. Your favorite words are definitely still "Mommy", "Daddy", and "Puppy". Along with that you love to ask for "Milk" approximately 12,000 times a day, and you amuse everyone by the way you pronounce "Please." It sounds a bit like "Pea-ahhhz". You love pointing to the pictures of your Daddy and I in the hallway and telling me who is in them every day on the way down to breakfast. It has become a bit of our routine. You also point to yourself and when I ask who that is, you crinkle your little nose, shut your eyes and giggle.




Everyone remarks at how "girly" you already are. You are absolutely obsessed with sunglasses, bows (you love being told that your bows are just like Minnie's), shoes and checking yourself out in the mirror. You proclaim purses and shoes to be "Pretty", and your new favorite game is packing anything that resembles a purse up with your most precious belongings and telling me that you are going "Bye-Bye". This is often followed by you finding a door to close on your way "out" - you independent little thing.




You are such a happy child, my little Ev-a-bug. You love to laugh and make silly faces. You love being tickled and give the best belly laughs these days. That was one of the first things I noticed that made you sound like such a little girl and not so much of a baby. Your laugh became so much more grown up sounding, and you added in some classic little girl shrieks for good measure. You make me laugh out loud maybe more than any person ever has, other than your Daddy.




You have also begun getting up to some mischievous behaviors. You are a curious little thing, that is for sure, and you love to explore and consider things. This natural tendency, combined with your speed these days is certainly keeping me on my toes.




We are working on getting your "Big Girl Room" ready, and I am so excited for the memories we will create in that space. I am trying to make it as bright and happy as you are. I find myself daydreaming about playing in there with you while our new baby sleeps near by. I know that you are going to be such a great big sister, as you are such a good little Momma already to all of your baby dolls. You love to put them to bed, and cover them with blankets, as well as feed them their bottles. You pick them up and pat them on the back and rock them. Who taught you all of this, I have no idea. But you seem to be a natural.




You are growing and changing and I love watching your tiny little body develop and change towards being a sturdy toddler. Your little legs are becoming so much longer and stronger as you learn to climb and conquer everything in your path.




I love watching you grow up, my love bug, as bittersweet as it is for me as your Momma. Luckily you still let me cuddle and kiss you, and now, even better, you love to bestow kisses on those around you.


I can't wait to see what else is in store for you.


All my love,

Momma.


Evelyn Rae is 18 months old, I am 35 weeks along with Bump

...and I love this little gal so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment