Monday, January 9, 2012

Big Plans

So far, I have had some big ol plans for 2012. Annnnnd, none of them have come to fruition.

I am still taking down Christmas decorations.

Anyone else?

Here's the deal. We are sleep training/shaping a la "The Sleep Lady." and as part of that I have been phasing out nursing Ev to sleep. And about that, she is royally pissed. I guess I just loved breast feeding so much, I never thought of it as a "sleep crutch." oops. If you can't infer from that - this means I am literally the only person in the world who can successfully put my baby to bed. Unless we hired a wet nurse maybe.

Alas, my plans for getting into some sort of routine have been thwarted for now. We are getting there and making progress...and I know that we don't have it as bad as plenty of parents out there (our baby does usually sleep through the night once she's down...it's just the getting her down part).

Add in teething, some congestion all of a sudden and we have a recipe for a baby who wants nothing but to cuddle with her momma.

Bah. I miss blogging and g-chat.

And being selfish.

At least I have a baby snuggling up to me.

She's pretty darn cute too.

And she smells nice.

And those eyes. And gummy, drooly smiles. They slay me.

Alright, I'm better now.


Evelyn Rae is 26 weeks old...if I remember right

...and I typed this on my iPad while snuggling with my snotty, drooly baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment