Friday, January 27, 2012

P.S. I made it.

Since the last two days have been somewhat mushy posts, today I bring you some EYE CANDY! At least, I hope it is eye candy. I love it, so hopefully you will too.

A few weeks back, I started shopping around the inter webs for a shelf to put in Evelyn's room. Not just any shelf though, a shelf I could hang her growing collection of jackets, coats and hats upon.

(Yup, I just used 'upon' instead of plain old 'on'. I may have been reading a little Jane Austen lately. Swoon.)

Anywho, I couldn't really find anything that I loved. AND THEN. Hold up, wait a minute, something I liked on Etsy! Who would have thought? I never find anything I love on there. (Can you hear the dripping sarcasm? Is that coming through here?)

So, I liked the shelf, but I wasn't in love. I didn't really love the hooks, and I didn't really love any of the colors...and the size wasn't just perfect. With plaster walls in our house, I hate hanging anything I don't l-o-v-e because it's not as easy to patch up holes and move on to something else as it is with drywall.

Plus, it was $35. Which isn't awful. But then $15 in shipping too? $50 for something I don't absolutely love? Maybe in a past life. But not now.

So I decided to make my own.

I KNOW.

I know.

With wood and drills and a few trips to the hardware store and everything.

And I made it the size I want, and the color I want, and everything. CUSTOM shelf, for round about $25.

So here's the shelf. Please excuse the Target stuff still in the frames, I have to figure out which photos to stick in em, but was too excited to share.











So there it is.

P.S. I MADE IT.


Evelyn Rae is six months old

...and the title of this post was inspired by a new blog I love.

A. It is DIY CUTE stuff.
B. I went through a huge "p.s." phase in college
C. Did I mention this stuff is adorbs?

Check out P.S. I made this



No comments:

Post a Comment