Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mobile.

It started small.

A few times, when we would go in to get Evelyn out of her crib, or to check on her in the middle of the night, we would find that she had twisted herself sideways, or even upside down.

She had been rolling for a while, but only ever one flip at a time. And then she was tired and over it.

But then.

She started rolling back to front and then onto her back again in a line to reach a toy or two that was slightly out of reach.

And then we started finding her upside down or sideways every time we came to grab her out of her crib.

And then, the other day. Or last week. Or sometime since Christmas.

(My days blur, forgive me.)

I put her in the middle of the living room floor, with some toys, while I ran to empty the dishwasher. Nothing around her that could fall or hurt her. You know, I am a good mom like that.

Then, about five minutes later, I heard a little cry. A whimper of frustration, and then quickly that whimper turned into a wail.

I walked into the living room, only to drop my jaw, as I saw that my little lady had rolled herself all the way across the floor to land herself at a 45 degree angle against our built in bookshelves in the living room. Approximately 4 or 5 feet from where I had left her.

I momentarily thought about grabbing a camera to document, but the second she saw me, she really lost it.

I ran over and scooped her up, as proud of her as I was afraid.

I have a mobile baby.

Lord help me.



Evelyn is six months old

...and she only likes rolling in one direction, so I anticipate this getting stuck against things...thing...happening very often. Le sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment