Monday, January 23, 2012

We survived.

Welp, I did my first overnight away, and we all survived.

Barely.

I kid, I kid.

I did just fine, and was glad to be able to spend some unanticipated time with my friends. Complete with a snow storm! Yay!

And daddy and daughter did just fine themselves.

Did she go to bed a little later than normal? Sure. Did she get to skip her bath? Yup. Is she being a little clingy to her Mama Bear because I was gone for a whole day? Absolutely.

(Secret - I don't mind that much. Shocking, I know.)

I got the biggest smile when I walked in the door and she reached her little arms out for me. She is nursing a little longer than normal, and she fusses whenever I am slightly too far away for her liking, but no permanent damage, George.

Ha. Name that movie!!

We are settling back in quite nicely. And I'm not even so worried about the next time.


Evelyn Rae is six months old

...and it was sort of nice to rip the band aid off of "the first night away" at the last minute instead of planning for it for weeks in advance. In case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment