Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One a Day

Welp, here marks another notch in the "my baby is growing up and becoming a toddler" belt.

We are slowly transitioning to the one nap a day.

I think.

This weekend she acted all TOTALLY READY and into it.

Yesterday? Girl took two two hour naps. I legit had to wake her up in the afternoon so she wouldn't sleep too long and then never go down at bedtime. She was not.happy.with.me.

Can you blame her? I can get straight MEAN when people wake me up before I am ready.

This morning she was going STRONG, not rubbing her eyes, laughing and gigging when I tickled her, playing, all of it.

Then all of a sudden, she came over to me, climbed up on my lap, yanked on my shirt like she wanted to nurse and was out. That was 10:45. Granted, she had been up since 6.

Not quite late enough for a one a day nap though, especially because we got a good sized breakfast in before hand and a snack of her favorite crackers, but no lunch. Now I have freshened up on all my transition techniques after a good pep talk from some Facebook friends that, indeed, people do transition their babies to one a days around this age, and I know that this will be a bit of a process. Cross your fingers for us!

Oh, sleep.

It seems to come so naturally as an adult. Who knew there was so much teaching involved with babies? And, erm, toddlers? Oy. I cannot believe my baby is becoming a toddler.

Excuse me while I go cry.



Evelyn Rae is twelve months old

...and it always seems to be the strangest milestones that get to me.

Like how I could put her hair in pigtails the other day. ACK! She looked like a LITTLE GIRL.


1 comment:

  1. Finn transitioned to one nap right around a year too. At first I thought it was going to be terrible but now I actually love it! It's much easier to get things done and go places when you just have the one nap to deal with. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete