Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm not funny...

Or, so my husband tells me all.the.time.


Others seem to think so - some of you, dear readers, think that I am funny and have told me so. God bless you for that. Hopefully someday my kids will think I am funny...and not just funny looking, as the saying goes. (barump-bump)

But today, though I have hundreds of funny pregnancy things to tell you all about, I am not feeling very funny.

Mainly because today I am feeling humbled and amazed by this whole experience.

I started thinking today, that I am a few days from 16 weeks. Ok, ok, I may have already read all of the pregnancy books and calendars for 16 weeks anyway, which got me thinking...

I may start to feel the baby move this week. It doesn't always happen this early for first time moms, and sometimes you don't feel the baby move until closer to 20 weeks. All totally normal.

But still.

A baby moving? and being able to feel it? That is just so crazy to me. And wonderful. I am sort of in awe of my body and nature and this whole journey today.

I have seen the baby move and kick and jump on the ultrasound at 12 weeks. In fact, it took forever to get that little profile photo because every time they went to take a still photo Baby G would spring off the side of my uterus like a trampoline...and then I would laugh...which would jiggle the ultrasound wand...but I digress.

Seeing the baby move was crazy enough, hearing the heartbeat? also crazy and amazing.

But, feeling the baby move? That, friends, is a moment that I have been waiting and hoping and wishing for ever since those two lines turned pink.


15 weeks, 5 days along

...and just as soon as I feel that baby move, you'd best believe it will be up here with an inordinate amount of exclamation marks.

4 comments:

  1. although most think I, dear sister, am the funny one...some can just not appreciate that the Brawfords are bred to be amusing folk. it is in our blood.

    oh, and baby g will be rockin and rollin in there soon! cant wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the MOST amazing feeling in the world :) I never grew tired of feeling my baby girl kicking, punching and twirling around in my belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i'm sooo excited too...how neat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for share this post.
    Dailymotion video downloader

    Try Dailymotion video
    downloader
    to download videos from dailymotion.

    ReplyDelete