Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Telling Work

I woke up on Monday with the anticipation of the first day of school. I was a nervous wreck, but also excited, and at the same time dreading the end of my glorious two weeks free from the office doldrum.

You see, Monday was the day that I was finally going to tell my boss - and everyone else at work - about Baby G.

I am lucky enough to work in an environment that values family, though individual support varies from person to person. Two close friends at work did already know, but have of course kept their lips sealed.

One of these friends, my officemate, is also pregnant and about 4 weeks exactly behind me. So, we made the decision to go in and tell our boss together. Is that the most professional way to go about telling your boss? Maybe not, but we figured we both had to do it, so why not.

Luckily, everyone received the news well! As anticipated some bosses were more enthusiastic than others, and more congratulatory, but all in all it was a HUGE sigh of relief.

I have no idea what I am going to do about work when the baby comes...will I go back, won't I? Who knows. We will figure that out when the time comes and I will see where my heart leads me. I am not so naive as to think that my life won't change in 100,000 unanticipated ways once this little baby has been born into the world. For now, I have crossed the next step and done what needed to be done.

In other news, the husband (who will hence be referred to as A, due to the request of a certain best friend - you know who you are) told work weeks ago, because he had to for planning purposes. Everyone there is thrilled and all high fives and such.


14 weeks, 6 days along

...and last night I brushed my teeth WITHOUT gagging = WIN.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for share this post.
    Dailymotion video downloader

    Try Dailymotion video
    downloader
    to download videos from dailymotion.

    ReplyDelete