Monday, January 24, 2011

On emotions during pregnancy

I am a HAM emotionally lately.


(if you are not from the South... HAM = Hot A*@ Mess, which is a step up from just a hot mess, which is still not a great thing to be)


Most of my emotions are triggered alone, while I am being entertained by music or TV. See, here is the thing - I am not a crier (though famously after uttering those words in grad school I was the first to cry - the irony). Seriously though, I don't cry over things. I haven't noticed any other huge emotional swings lately, but the crying thing is out of control.


Exhibit A:
Location: In my car
Trigger: Song - "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?"


This is a happy song y'all. But, it talks about a first kiss, and that got me thinking about my first kiss with A ll those years ago, and how much I love him and appreciate our relationship, and it cued up the montage of my favorite moments, and how he is going to be a dad...and there I was. Bawling in my car.


Exhibit B:
Location: On my couch
Trigger: NCIS


Seriously, I am embarrassed by this one. It wasn't even a particularly emotional episode. But the ending, the ending was just so cheesy and happy and I lost it. I sat there cuddling my puppy and crying.


Exhibit C:
Location: In the car - this morning
Trigger: "This is Country Music"


(Yes, I listen to country music on the way to work in the morning - don't judge. They are the best morning show around <3 )


There is one line in this song, pretty insignificant overall, "It ain’t hip to sing about tractors, trucks, little towns, and mama..."


But, this morning - it hit me - I am going to be someone's mama. What the heck?! Someone's mom? And then all I could think about was that bond, and how much I love my mom, and on and on. And, I cried. A lot.


And then I bought myself a donut.






17 weeks, 4 days along


...and the Dunkin' Donut lady probably sees crying women pulling over for a chocolate frosted donut all the time, right?

5 comments:

  1. EVERYTHING made me cry! In fact, everything still makes me cry---the hormone don't get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's right - it doesn't get any better! In fact, I cry much more post-pregnancy than I did while pregnant. Anything from Heidi Klum and Seal (they're just SO in love...it's so sweet it makes me tear up every time I see them...) to football makes me cry now! It's insane...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been super weepy but let me warn you, STAY AWAY from animal shelters/animal adoptions and their websites etc. I was trying to help a friend find homes for some abandoned cats she found by sending her shelter website links. I was a WRECK. Those little faces and the stories the volunteers write from their perspective asking for their "forever homes"....TEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for share this post.
    Dailymotion video downloader

    Try Dailymotion video
    downloader
    to download videos from dailymotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. حاسبة الحمل الصيني

    ReplyDelete