Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Christmas Eve.

It's like the movie Groundhog Day around here lately, except it is more like Christmas Eve.

We are so excited for labor to start and to meet this baby that it's like Christmas Eve when you are a kid. And then you wake up and it is Christmas Eve all over again. Still exciting, still on the edge of something big, but not quite the day you were truly hoping for.



On the upside, it has been nice to have A around home to get things done with me this week. Oh? Did i forget to mention that? On Monday A got to wave goodbye as the ship went underway - without him! Yay! Praise every deity you believe in.

So, he has had quite the amount of free time this week to help me wrap up final items on checklists, hang the pictures in the nursery - last piece comes tomorrow then the big reveal! Woo! - and just generally be a great husband. We have had breakfast dates every morning before I traipse off to work and it has been glorious. I wish I could just start maternity leave a bit early and go hang with him all day, but it has just been nice to see him and have him so relaxed before baby gets here.

Sidenote: this morning he wanted to know what we still needed for baby because he wants to buy a present for the kiddo (Not that his income hasn't already provided many, many gifts). But, he said to me, "I want to have something I can point to and be able to say, 'That's the first thing your dad ever bought you.'"

How freaking sweet is that? Be.still.my.heart.

Last night we bought a bag of lemons so that I could bake these lemon drop labor inducing cupcakes. Do I really believe in their ability? Ehhhh. But, I love a lemon flavored baked good, so why the heck not? They are on the agenda for this evening. Yum.

In super exciting other news, frequent accelerated baby reader and commenter, my friend, Andria has started a blog! She just gave birth to her first son, Malcolm and has posted his birth story. It is paired with some beautiful photography from that day, so you should all go read it! (and cry, if you are like me)

Another empowering story of natural childbirth! Woo! Way to go momma.


39 weeks, 6 days along...

and tomorrow is our due date?! What he heck y'all. Insanity.

1 comment: