Thursday, May 19, 2011

A second letter...

Dear Baby G,

I wrote you your first letter when you were still just a twinkle in our eye, as the saying goes. Now here we are, six weeks out from your due date. I am hoping that is roughly the same amount of time that we have to wait to finally meet you in person. Please don't be like your mommy and be fashionably late (though daddy really wants you to be a Yankee Doodle Dandy, born on the 4th of July).

It is so hard to believe that we are so close to meeting you in person. There are a lot of people out here ready to love you, but no one quite as much as your dad and I. Though I talk to you every day, I am sure there are some things lost in translation, so I felt the need to write you a little note today.

We have been working hard to prepare for your arrival lately. Your dad painted your new room, and I have been sewing away on some pretty things for that same room. Your puppy, Mr. Bingley, is trying really hard to figure out why everything is changing in there, and why he isn't allowed to play with all your cute new stuffed animals.Your grandma came to visit and helped us organize the whole house so that we would have plenty f room for everything that you will soon need.

You are a little wiggle worm here lately. I am hoping that that means that you are working your way down in my belly, so that you can prepare to make your grand entrance. As you grow and grow, things are getting a little tighter in there. You make everyone (daddy, my coworkers, and all of our friends) laugh because they can see you moving around in there as my belly shifts and moves.

I can't wait to see you and finally know what part of you I am poking and prodding, rather than the guessing game that your daddy and I play when you stick some unknown body part out towards the world.

We already love you so much Baby G. We can't wait to see what you look like, if you are a boy or a girl, how you react to the world around you, and what your little (or big!) personality will be like. Mostly we are just so excited to have you out in the world to love on and to experience things for the first time again with you.

Secretly, I know that when I have you out here in the world as your own person, I will miss having you as a part of me all the time, but I also know that you will be a part of me forever, no matter what. Meeting you and watching you grow and having your little self make me laugh will be well worth that separation.

I love you, and I hope everything is going swimmingly in there. (Sorry for all the poking, but sometimes you have to move your little feet out of my ribcage, ok?)

Love,

Your Momma


34 weeks along

...and I cannot wait to meet this baby. 6 weeks. Ack! Too exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment